waitanyinvoice [lastpay_index] [timeout]
The waitanyinvoice RPC command waits until an invoice is paid, then
returns a single entry as per listinvoice. It will not return for
any invoices paid prior to or including the lastpay_index.
This is usually called iteratively: once with no arguments, then
repeatedly with the returned pay_index entry. This ensures that no
paid invoice is missed.
The pay_index is a monotonically-increasing number assigned to an
invoice when it gets paid. The first valid pay_index is 1; specifying
lastpay_index of 0 equivalent to not specifying a lastpay_index.
Negative lastpay_index is invalid.
If timeout is specified, wait at most that number of seconds, which
must be an integer.
If the specified timeout is reached, this command will return with an
You can specify this to 0 so that waitanyinvoice will return
immediately with an error if no pending invoice is available yet.
If unspecified, this command will wait indefinitely.
On success, an object is returned, containing:
- label (string): unique label supplied at invoice creation
- description (string): description used in the invoice
- payment_hash (hash): the hash of the payment_preimage which will prove payment
- status (string): Whether it's paid or expired (one of "paid", "expired")
- expires_at (u64): UNIX timestamp of when it will become / became unpayable
- created_index (u64): 1-based index indicating order this invoice was created in (added v23.08)
- amount_msat (msat, optional): the amount required to pay this invoice
- bolt11 (string, optional): the BOLT11 string (always present unless bolt12 is)
- bolt12 (string, optional): the BOLT12 string (always present unless bolt11 is)
- updated_index (u64, optional): 1-based index indicating order this invoice was changed (only present if it has changed since creation) (added v23.08)
If status is "paid":
- pay_index (u64): Unique incrementing index for this payment
- amount_received_msat (msat): the amount actually received (could be slightly greater than amount_msat, since clients may overpay)
- paid_at (u64): UNIX timestamp of when it was paid
- payment_preimage (secret): proof of payment
- paid_outpoint (object, optional): Outpoint this invoice was paid with (added v23.11):
- txid (txid): ID of the transaction that paid the invoice (added v23.11)
- outnum (u32): The 0-based output number of the transaction that paid the invoice (added v23.11)
Possible errors are:
- The timeout was reached without an invoice being paid.
Rusty Russell <[email protected]> is mainly responsible.
Main web site: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning