setconfig config [val]
The setconfig RPC command allows you set the (dynamic) configuration option named by
config: options which take a value (as separate from simple flag options) also need a
This new value will also be written at the end of the config file, for persistence across restarts (and any old value commented out).
You can see what options are dynamically adjustable using lightning-listconfigs(7). Note that you can also adjust existing options for stopped plugins; they will have an effect when the plugin is restarted.
On success, an object containing config is returned. It is an object containing:
- config (string): name of the config variable which was set
- source (string): source of configuration setting (
- dynamic (boolean): whether this option is settable via setconfig (always true)
- plugin (string, optional): the plugin this configuration setting is for
- set (boolean, optional): for simple flag options
- value_str (string, optional): for string options
- value_msat (msat, optional): for msat options
- value_int (integer, optional): for integer options
- value_bool (boolean, optional): for boolean options
The following error codes may occur:
- -32602: JSONRPC2_INVALID_PARAMS, i.e. the parameter is not dynamic, or the val was invalid.
Rusty Russell <[email protected]> is mainly responsible for this
Main web site: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning