createinvoice invstring label preimage
The createinvoice RPC command signs and saves an invoice into the
The invstring parameter is of bolt11 form, but the final signature
is ignored. Minimal sanity checks are done. (Note: if
experimental-offers is enabled, invstring can actually be an
unsigned bolt12 invoice).
The label must be a unique string or number (which is treated as a
string, so "01" is different from "1"); it is never revealed to other
nodes on the lightning network, but it can be used to query the status
of this invoice.
The preimage is the preimage to supply upon successful payment of
(Note: the return format is the same as lightning-listinvoices(7)).
On success, an object is returned, containing:
- label (string): the label for the invoice
- payment_hash (hash): the hash of the payment_preimage which will prove payment
- status (string): Whether it has been paid, or can no longer be paid (one of "paid", "expired", "unpaid")
- description (string): Description extracted from bolt11 or bolt12
- expires_at (u64): UNIX timestamp of when invoice expires (or expired)
- created_index (u64): 1-based index indicating order this invoice was created in (added v23.08)
- bolt11 (string, optional): the bolt11 string (always present unless bolt12 is)
- bolt12 (string, optional): the bolt12 string instead of bolt11 (experimental-offers only)
- amount_msat (msat, optional): The amount of the invoice (if it has one)
- pay_index (u64, optional): Incrementing id for when this was paid (status paid only)
- amount_received_msat (msat, optional): Amount actually received (status paid only)
- paid_at (u64, optional): UNIX timestamp of when invoice was paid (status paid only)
- paid_outpoint (object, optional): Outpoint this invoice was paid with (status paid only) (added v23.11):
- txid (txid): ID of the transaction that paid the invoice (status paid only) (added v23.11)
- outnum (u32): The 0-based output number of the transaction that paid the invoice (status paid only) (added v23.11)
- payment_preimage (secret, optional): the proof of payment: SHA256 of this payment_hash
- local_offer_id (hex, optional): the id of our offer which created this invoice (experimental-offers only). (always 64 characters)
- invreq_payer_note (string, optional): the optional invreq_payer_note from invoice_request which created this invoice (experimental-offers only).
On failure, an error is returned and no invoice is created. If the
lightning process fails before responding, the caller should use
lightning-listinvoices(7) to query whether this invoice was created or
The following error codes may occur:
- -1: Catchall nonspecific error.
- 900: An invoice with the given label already exists.
Rusty Russell <[email protected]> is mainly responsible.
lightning-invoice(7), lightning-listinvoices(7), lightning-delinvoice(7),
lightning-getroute(7), lightning-sendpay(7), lightning-offer(7).
Main web site: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning